Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Mike Leavitt Cardboard Sneaker Art

I've seen some pretty creative stuff in my day, but this has to be the DOPEST thing I've seen in a while. I don't think I have the patience to sit down and construct something so compelling. More about the exhibit below

Mike Leavitt’s ‘Don’t Stop Object Shopping’ exhibition at NYC’s Fuse Gallery features some interesting takes on classic sneaker silhouettes. A jack-of-all-trades, Leavitt used cardboard, glue and acrylic paint to construct replicas of classic kicks. Pictured above, we see what Air Jordan IVs, adidas Gazelles and Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars would look like in recyclable form. The show at Fuse starts next Saturday, March 21 and continues for four weeks, concluding on Saturday, April 18.
-SneakerNews



No comments: